Your privacy is important to us and we do everything we can to protect it. This privacy statements outlines our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. It has been prepared in accordance with our obligations and your rights, as set out in the Privacy Act 2020.
Personal information we collect
The personal information we collect may include your name, gender, date of birth, image, addresses, email address and telephone numbers where they are relevant to responding to your requests, the use of our online services or facilities. We may also collect information regarding your communications with us.
We will hold your personal information in accordance with the requirements set out in the Privacy Act 2020.
See more here: Privacy Commissioner’s website.
When do we collect personal information
Some examples of when would collect personal information include, when you:
- Correspond with us, whether in person, by letter, phone or electronically
- Complete and submit forms we provide
- Written submissions, requests or other feedback.
- Follow or post comments in response to our social media or other online communications
- We may keep a record of any information that you acquire from us.
- We may collect personal information about you from other organisations or persons, such as:
- Our related organisations, including Council Controlled Organisations
- Other organisations and persons where you have expressly authorised them to provide us with information.
How we use your information
The personal information we collect from you, or someone acting on your behalf, may be used for any of the following purposes:
- To provide you with services or facilities, including those you have requested.
- To confirm your identity. This is to avoid inappropriate release or use of your information.
- To respond to correspondence, requests, enquiries, feedback or customer service related activities.
- To process any consent, licence, approval, permit or other authorisation for which you have applied.
- To provide you with information about our events, news, services, or facilities we think may interest you.
- To comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- To carry out activities connected with the running of our business or operations such as personnel training, or testing and maintenance of computer and other systems.
- For any specific purpose that we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected.
- For general administrative and business purposes
How long we hold your Personal Information
We may retain all personal information we collect (on both our active systems and our archive systems) for as long as administratively necessary.
The Public Records Act 2005 requires us to retain “protected records” indefinitely. In some circumstances, your personal information may be included within a protected record.
If you do not provide all the personal information we request, we may not be able to adequately respond to your correspondence, process submitted applications, provide requested services or facilities, process payments or otherwise deal with any requests or enquiries you have submitted.
Cookies and analytics
We fully understand that some people do not want their online activity to be tracked even if it is being used anonymously. You can opt out from Google Analytics here: Opt Out.